Sunday, July 1, 2007

New Blog, New Name

There has been an interesting turn of events with the Greek username I was using before, Erastes Christianou. While I thought that Erastes meant "lover", it turns out it actually means "homosexual lover."

Just imagine my horror at finding this out. I had used this username in many different places - forums, my old blogspot, a bracelet (which I'm going ask my dear friend Kale Charis to remake for me...), embroidered on the hood of my cloak (which I plan on ripping out...).

That Greek username was supposed to mean "Lover of Christ", for I do love my Lord Jesus who paid the ultimate penalty for me, and freed me from my sin. But knowing what that word really means now, changes everything.

I have found myself a new username to use, with the help of my buddy JF. Pais Charos, which means Child of Grace. My mom's favorite Bible verse, which is the one that ultimately led her to the Lord, the reason she is in Heaven with him right now, was Ephesians 2:8,9. "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

~ Pais

No comments: