Monday, July 2, 2007

Oy...why oh why oh why...

Why didn't I figure out the "erastes" thing earlier? I've been able to change almost everything that I used that name on.... but ripping the embroidery of the name out of my cloak is proving to be a nightmare. The stitches are small and tight, and the seam ripper is too thick for some of the stitches. Not to mention I'm in danger of ripping the fabric as well. *cries out of frustration*

The embroidery is towards the edge on the front of the hood, so it would be so much easier if I opened the hood up (there's a lining in the cloak), then it would make ripping the embroidery out a bit easier. The only problem with that is that I'm wearing this cloak in two weeks to Richmond, and I have no sewing machine with which to close the hole up with! And hand stitching won't do it, cause I don't want the seam to show on the outside of the hood....

Does anyone have any ideas.... ??

2 comments:

Justin B. said...

If I could get it to you, I would have lended you one of my cloaks!

Pais Charos said...

Aw, thanks. I still plan on wearing it, I just won't put the hood up.