Monday, July 16, 2007

Prayer Journal Entry #1


As most of you know, Michelle made for me this really awesome notebook/journal that has a gryphon on the front and says "Once upon A time" on the back.

She told me I could use it to jot down story ideas and such, and I totally plan on doing so. I've also decided that it will be a place to write down prayer requests, as well as write some of my prayers. Sometimes when I really feel like pouring my heart out to God, I have to write it down. Or if I'm really really tired, writing my prayers sometimes help me to focus, or if my mind is a mumble-jumbled mess of thoughts and concerns, writing the prayer is always best.

I've decided that every now and then I will post here one of these such Prayer Journal entries. I warn you, though, when I write down my prayers - they are not organized in any way. I tend to jump from one thought to another, and may not ever come full circle.

So, without further ado, here is the first entry in my lovely gryphon notebook.

7/17/07

God,

Lord - so much took place this weekend. I saw people serving you in a way that I would like to serve you. By doing what they do, I saw them touch so many lives, including my own.

Father, I want to surrender completely to you. I don't know how, though. I want to surrender everything to you. Please, work in my heart, O God, and teach me about surrender. What does it mean to surrender every aspect of my life to you? How do I surrender my talents, my gifts, my loves, my hates; how do I surrender every fiber of my being to you? Please teach me.

Lord, I love to write, but I honestly don't know where you plan on taking me with that. I also love horses. Where do you plan on taking me with that? Can I do both? Is it possible? But I don't want to write about horses, I want to write fantasy. Perhaps a fantasy with horses in it. But I also want to write about unicorns, and through the unicorns show your love. HOw do I do that? Lord, please tell me! Give me THE story, the one that you want me to write. Maybe I could incorporate horses AND unicorns in the same story, and still have the same affect. Maybe....

I pray, Lord, my Savior, my King, my Lover, my God, teach me your ways and show me where you would have me to go. I'm listening, Lord. Speak to me.

3 comments:

everlastingscribe said...

That is so cool, I'll do that too, write out my prayers when I can't trust my mouth to say them.

Justin B. said...

same, lovely picture!

Roheryn said...

That's awsomeful!
I know the feeling... I want to do both writing and horses...