Saturday, July 14, 2007

Richmond and Elicott City

This day was so awesome! I finally got to meet Wayne Thomas Batson, Christopher Hopper, and Sharon Hinck, and the whole thing was such a blessing. Bryan Davis gave me a bear hug when I arrived at the Barnes and Noble in Richmond. It was so good to see him and his daughter Legossi again.

Something really neat happened to me at this signing. About five or six years ago when I lived in Northern Virginia, I had stumbled across a book called "Palomino" the beginning of a Christian series about horses. The title of the series is the Sonrise Farm Series, and the author's name is Katy Pistole. I have the first book, as well as the second one called "Stolen Gold."

Well, Wayne Thomas Batson's sister-in-law (I think...) came by, and brought a friend with her, a friend who's also a published author. The friend was talking to Bryan Davis about her books, and he called over to me to tell me about her. She told me the titles of the books, and they sounded slightly familiar, and when I asked her what her name was she said, "Katy Pistole." My jaw was on the floor, needless to say. What a pleasant surprise! You'll see her with me in the picture to the right there. Check out her website, and there you can read more about her books and herself.

After Richmond we went to lunch, then hit the road for Elicott City. What was normally supposed to be a 2 and a half hour drive, turned out to be a 3 and a half hour drive, because of all the "wonderful" traffic. We arrived at the Elicott City signing over an hour late, only to find a huge group of people waiting for our Fantasy Four authors! God is so awesome! Christopher Hopper said that this was the best signing yet on this tour!

On the way to Elicott City, though, I had the pleasure of having Sharon Hinck ride with me, and it was amazing! She is such an awesome woman of God, loves the Lord, and I certainly can not wait to read "The Restorer" which I now have a copy of. It was a joy to get to know her during that drive!

I finally got to meet my friend everlastingscribe, who works at the His Way Christian Book Store in Elicott City. That's us in the picture. She gave me this really cool notebook that she made for me. It has a gryphon on the front, and on the back it says: "Once upon A time." It's gorgeous! I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it here. She also gave me a book titled "The Legend of Firefish" by George Bryan Polivka, which I am really looking forward to reading! *hugs Scribe* Thank you so much!! That's Scribe and I in the picture below and to the left.

Here is a goofy picture of Wayne. He was using the intercom to announce one of the winners of the door prize, and halfway through he said, "I just got a busy signal..." and I got a picture of the look on his face. Hehe, it was hilarious.


And then, Bryan Davis, a.k.a. Clefspeare, decided to try to cook his "dinner" with his fire (by putting it in the microwave), and he burned it. Oops :P Below is the end result, and Clefspeare's pitiful look.
Pray for the Fantasy Four as they do more traveling tomorrow. Their first stop is Washington D.C., then Alexandria (which I will be attending) and then Elicott City again, but a different store. Please keep praying for Sharon and her cold. She said the coughing is better, but her sinuses are still giving her problems.

I hope to post some more pictures tomorrow! Right now I need some sleep... Hehe. Goodnight, all!

4 comments:

Scott said...

Hey,
Glad I found your new blog. I was confused when your old one wouldn't turn up. Sounds like you had a good time with the authors.
-Scott
www.flamingpen.blogspot.com

Pais Charos said...

I'm sorry! I kept meaning to email you - but I kept forgetting!

Heh. "A good time" is a bit of an understatement. I wouldn't have traded this weekend for anything.

I'll be making a new post later tonight, I hope.

everlastingscribe said...

:-D Poor Bryan. I hope he got something else to eat?

Pais Charos said...

I sure hope so! Hehe.