Sunday, July 22, 2007

Very cool song/Prayer Journal Entry #2




This morning I decided to sleep in, so I didn't make it to the 9:30 service at church, but I did go to Sunday School at 11. Well, I'm actually really glad that I didn't go to the service, because on the way to church a song played on the radio, a song that I hadn't heard in a loooong time that I absolutely love, and I guess God wanted me to hear it this morning. It's called "He Is" by the group Aaron Jeffrey. Allow me to share these amazing lyrics with you.

In Genesis, He's the breath of life
In Exodus, the Passover Lamb
In Leviticus, He's our High Priest
Numbers, The fire by night
Deuteronomy, He's Moses' voice
In Joshua, He is salvation's choice
Judges, law giver
In Ruth, the kinsmen-redeemer
First and second Samuel, our trusted prophet
In Kings and Chronicles, He's sovereign

Ezra, true and faithful scribe
Nehemiah, He's the rebuilder of broken walls and lives
In Esther, He's Mordecai's courage
In Job, the timeless redeemer
In Psalms, He is our morning song

In Proverbs, wisdom's cry
Ecclesiastes, the time and season
In the Song of Solomon, He is the lover's dream

He is, He is, HE IS!

In Isaiah, He's Prince of Peace
Jeremiah, the weeping prophet
In Lamentations, the cry for Israel
Ezekiel, He's the call from sin
In Daniel, the stranger in the fire

In Hosea, He is forever faithful
In Joel, He's the Spirits power
In Amos, the arms that carry us
In Obadiah, He's the Lord our Savior
In Jonah, He's the great missionary

In Micah, the promise of peace
In Nahum, He is our strength and our shield
In Habakkuk and Zephaniah, He's pleading for revival
In Haggai, He restores a lost heritage
In Zechariah, our fountain

In Malachi, He is the son of righteousness rising with healing in His wings

He is, He is, HE IS!

In Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, He is God, Man, Messiah
In the book of Acts, He is fire from heaven
In Romans, He's the grace of God
In Corinthians, the power of love
In Galatians, He is freedom from the curse of sin

Ephesians, our glorious treasure
Philippians, the servants heart
In Colossians, He's the Godhead Trinity
Thessalonians, our coming King
In Timothy, Titus, Philemon He's our mediator and our faithful Pastor

In Hebrews, the everlasting covenant
In James, the one who heals the sick.
In First and Second Peter, he is our Shepherd
In John and in Jude, He is the lover coming for His bride
In the Revelation, He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords

He is, He is, HE IS!

The prince of peace
The Son of man
The Lamb of God
The great I AM

He's the alpha and omega
Our God and our Savior
He is Jesus Christ the Lord
and when time is no more
He is, HE IS!

My brethren, don't we serve an awesome GOD?! I was in tears as this song played. After spending last weekend with 4 AMAZING authors whom God is using in mighty, mighty ways, it gave me a greater desire to write more, and to find THE story that God wants me to write, the one that He wants to write through me to give to others to touch other peoples lives, but I was still doubtful that He could use me and my meager words. I mean, I certainly don't have the credentials that Sharon, Wayne, Bryan, and Christopher had even before they were ever published. I'm just a crazy 25 year old woman who loves horses, is struggling to finish college, is trying to keep her head above water financially, and still looks (and acts) like she's 18. How can God use that?

This song reminded me there's NOTHING that He can't do! He is big and mighty and powerful and everything is in his control. All I need to do is just obey and follow him, and do my part (i.e. make time to write when I feel like I have none, get experience, do research, PRAY when I write, etc...), and we'll make an awesome team.

I also present to you in this post my second journal entry in the gorgeous journal Scribe made for me :D I ask that you pray with me as you read it.

7/22/2007

Dear God,

Thank you for that song on the radio this morning - I needed to hear it. It is so wonderful to be reminded of who you are and how powerful and wonderful you are.

Lord, I come to you again, asking for your direction and guidance. Give me the story you want me to write. Provide for me the extra time to write and to edit the stories I have. Speak to me and write through me, Father. Give me dreams and visions to ignite the beginning of a story. Give me the story that I can give the world, Father.

Lord, I thank you for your love and your many blessings, and I return every blessing into praise, for you alone are worthy.

In Jesus' Name, Amen!

I have a prayer request for you, my friends. A friend of mine at church, Pam Burkett, who's my Single Pastor's wife: her youngest brother, Doug, was in a car accident recently. I don't know all of the details, but apparently he was turning somewhere, and there was a guy riding a motorcycle behind him. The motorcycle crashed into his car, and the guy riding the motorcycle was killed instantly. It also turns out that Doug knew that guy. Please pray for him - I can't remember if Pam said he was saved or not, but he's got a rough road ahead of him, and I'm sure he's got a lot on his mind. So if you think about him, please pray. Thank you :)

14 comments:

everlastingscribe said...

Awesome prayer! What are you hoping have your degree in when you're done with the whole college thing?

Pais Charos said...

Heh. *coughs* I've changed that soooo many times it's not even funny.

After I graduated community college with my Associates, I thought I wanted to be a computer programmer. God slammed the door on that one in a hurry.

Then I wanted to be a teacher, and transferred into Liberty as a Junior in 2003. Well - mainly what I want to do is homeschool when I get married (whenever that's going to be) and have children. It took me two years at Liberty to figure out that the education program isn't geared towards that, but towards classroom teaching, which I do not have a desire for.

So then I changed my major to the Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) department, focused on Fashion and Interior Design. No, I don't want to design clothing. No, I don't want to be an interior decorator (although that class was fun...). I was in it for the homey stuff: cooking (evil class, but I learned a lot), sewing, etc... and I wanted to do an English Minor with it.

Well, then my financial stuff came back to bite me and I had to take a semester off and find a full-time job. Now I'm looking at getting my degree online with Liberty (not to mention I'd get it done faster that way). The DLP (Distance Learning Program) degree that would best suit my needs, not to mention the huge amount of credits I've accumulated since 1999, is called the Interdisciplinary Degree. I'm still working on applying to the DLP program and corresponding with someone about my courses and stuff.

I wish life wasn't so hard, some days. All I want to do is write and ride horses. But before I can get to that point, I have to get myself back on track financially and get my debts paid off. *sighs* It's gonna take a while.

Wow that was long... Sorry :P

Oh, I edited the post, by the way. It took longer than I thought it would. The text didn't want to cooperate.

everlastingscribe said...

Nice photo collage! And yeah, I hear that about school. Sometimes, LOTS of time I wish that the old apprentice/master system was still in place. I'd love to apprentice to a storyteller/author or to a textile artist but it doesn't work that way anymore. I envy the students in trades sometimes, I mean they learn stuff that they are ACTUALLY going to use.

Don't get me wrong, you do need the basics of science and math and grammar to survive in life but a lot of the art classes on appreciation and English lit are wastes of time in my opinion. I don't need to analyze and re analyze works to appreciate them, and I don't need to take electives outside my interest either. There are so many classes that teach 'underwater basket weaving' and the like that it makes me sick.

Pais Charos said...

Underwater basket weaving? Oy vey.

Oh man, an apprentice to an author or story-teller? That would be AWESOME! I'd also love to apprentice to a horse-riding instructor or something, you know? I really wish I could do the horse program that they have at Sweet Briar College, which is only about 30 min from me, but you have to be an enrolled full-time student to be able to do it. *sighs* There's a horse place nearby, though, that I've been referred to many times that does lessons and stuff - I just haven't had the opportunity to give them a call yet.

everlastingscribe said...

Call them! Call them!

Also, not sure how this would fit in but you know Kim Meeder's ranch/org. allows people to come and work there. I'm sure you know who she is better than I do, I found out about her through the book "Hope Rising" And I think her site is:

www.crystalpeaksyouthranch.org

Pais Charos said...

Yes ma'am! *salutes*

The only thing is, though, I can't afford riding lessons right now, and I don't know if they trade work for lessons.

Oh, thanks for showing me that. No, I hadn't heard of her, until now. The website looks really neat and has me interested. Their volunteer program looks like something for me to add to the "something to look into after I graduate and am out of debt" list. Financially I wouldn't be able to do it now because I HAVE to work - I certainly wouldn't be able to take 2 months off.

*blinks* Northwind Stables FINALLY has a website! That's the local place I've been referred to, and for the longest time they didn't have a website! Out of curiosity I just googled them, and they do!! *goes of to explore newly found website*

Pais Charos said...

They have an email address!!! *goes off to write email*

Pais Charos said...

Email is sent! *sits and waits patiently for a reply*

everlastingscribe said...

fantastic! I know that most placed do trade off work for lessons!

KaleCharis said...

I've never heard that song...It's got cool lyrics though :) It's amazing how God can speak to us through a song and it can be just what we need to hear.

Your prayer was beautiful and I'll be praying with you!

Did they email you back yet?? I might get to take lessons soon...Although I haven't been on a horse since I feel off last time and It's kind of scary still..

Pais Charos said...

Ah, pssh, falling off is half the fun! No, I haven't heard back yet, but it's only been a day, and they're probably busy...

Roheryn said...

One ish not a true equestrian 'til one has fallen off.

You've got that right though... horses aren't cheap... 'specially not in Jersey.... <_<

The prayer was beautiful, and thankies for sharing the song! *Tackle huggles*

Kare Alethieas said...

*stares* They actually have a major for underwater basket weaving? I totally thought Chris was kidding on that one.

How sad is that.

Pais Charos said...

I guess he wasn't ...