Saturday, August 4, 2007

Apartments...

Man are they hard to find - especially the criteria I'm searching for.

I need the rent to be under $500 (preferably between $350 and $400 - and my dad's gonna pay the rent for the first few months). I need for it to be in a nice neighborhood, especially since I work at night, I come home late. I also need a place that accepts pets because in a couple of months my supervisor will be giving me her cat's kitten (just born about 3 days ago!!!!). Finding that combination is like finding a needle in a haystack. The only place I can find so far that fits the price range and pet needs, I keep getting conflicting ideas about the neighborhood. I have friends that live there now who say it's great, other people have told me it's not a safe place to live. Honestly, I'm inclined to believe my friends who live there now - they wouldn't lie to me. And besides, I'd be near them as well. So - I'll probably look there first.

There's another place that one of my co-workers live at, and I've heard their pricing is pretty reasonable. So, I'm going to look there as well. I don't know if they allow pets, though....

I'd really appreciate it if y'all could pray for me about this. I've been wanting a place of my own for a REALLY long time (about 3 years) and it hasn't happened yet, and I really really need for it to happen. Please pray that the Lord gives me wisdom, as well as the funds, to do this. Thanks :)

5 comments:

Roheryn said...

Will be doing that!
And I can't wait to meet the kitten!

Pais Charos said...

I can't wait to meet him/her either!!

Roh knows this, but I already have a name picked out :D She helped me pick it out.

Roheryn said...

Ih!!!

everlastingscribe said...

I will def. be praying about the place. I know it's difficult finding a place!

Pais Charos said...

Thanks, Scribe. There's this place that one of my co-workers lives, and I've heard that their rent is very reasonable, and everyone in my department has said it's a nice neighborhood. I drove by there today to get the phone numbers to call, and it does look like a nice neighborhood, actually. And I'm told that they allow pets. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and ask about it. Hopefully there's an apartment opening up soon ^_^