Monday, September 3, 2007

Please pray for Amanda Davis (Legossi)

Amanda Davis (Legossi), 16 year old daughter of Bryan Davis, fell off her horse today and broke her femur. She was airlifted to Le Bonheur Hospital in Memphis where it was discovered that it's a clean femoral break. Tonight they were going to drill a hole in her lower leg and put a rod in, then put her leg in traction to weight the bone down and align it. Tomorrow they will surgically set the bone. Please be in prayer for her ... she's like a sister to me. Also get your churches to pray and anyone else you know. Thank you.

Update: Mr. Davis just called me. He said they did the procedure last night. They drilled a hole through her lower leg, through the bone, and put a rod through it so as to be able to put her leg in traction. The leg is up now. He said that she is awake and is lucid, but is on morphine and feels no pain right now. Later today, probably about noonish, they will put a rod in her femur to set the bone, and she will have that rod in her femur for the rest of her life.

Update 9:39pm(EST): She made it out of the surgery and it went very well. Her oxygen levels are a little low, and she's tired and sore, but she'll make it. They're going to begin weaning her off of the pain meds soon, so she'll start becoming very uncomfortable. Tomorrow she should begin physical therapy.

11 comments:

KaleCharis said...

Legossi ish wearing the bracelet I made her in that picture!

Thank you to everyone who's praying for her!!

*ponders making a blog*

Pais Charos said...

Aye, and she's wearing the one I made her too!!

everlastingscribe said...

I certainly will be praying! Oh gosh.

Pais Charos said...

C'symia, Scribe. I just made another update, btw.

everlastingscribe said...

And I didn't see it till now. Oh wow. I'll be praying about the PT. Oh, man, I can't begin to imagine. How is everyone in her family holding up?

Pais Charos said...

Things are going well, actually. I'm gonna make a new blog post in a few minutes, and I'm going to steal your "Kisses from Christ" phrasing, m'lady.

Kathy said...

Yikes. Praying.

Swiftstorm Tribe said...

You don't know who I am, but I am a fan of Waynt Thomas Batson. I'm not sure if you know about the new contest he made, but one way to win the contest is by playing this game, and it says "Seek out Legossi and present her with Berinfell’s Pledge". Is this THE Legossi?

Pais Charos said...

Yes, this is THE Legossi, but this is not the place to find her.

Anonymous said...

im very sry about her leg!! i used to ride but when Prissy passed away i just couldnt do anymore. ive seen plenty of horseback riding accidents but this is the worst!! sending my sympathy!! shes is in my prayers!!
BooK Worm~

Pais Charos said...

Book Worm - this was over two years ago. She's fine :)