Tuesday, September 4, 2007

She is on the mend...

This morning I woke up to feelings of helplessness...not a good place to be. My "sister" was in the hospital, in pain, and I couldn't be with her, and I felt as though there was nothing I could do to help. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who has felt this way the past few days.

But, OH, does my God love to give his children kisses, as a mother or father loves to kiss their child.

At around 3:49pm my time (which was 2:49pm their time) Mr. Davis gave us the news that Legossi got up on crutches, and that she was able to walk with them to the door and back.

HALLELUJAH! AMEN!

Then he tells us that she hadn't had any morphine since 4 a.m.

PRAISE GOD!

At 5pm my time Mr. Davis posted that the flowers I sent had arrived, and he posted a picture of Legossi, mom, and the flowers. Huzzah!!


I'm borrowing a phrase a friend of mine likes to use a lot: Kisses from Christ. Boy, did I feel them. And if I felt them, I'm almost positive that Mr. and Mrs. Davis felt them as well. I lost my sense of helplessness, because nothing can happen without God's help, and He is working, my friends. He is working, and He is answering prayers. Thank you, Father, for your love and grace, and for your healing power.

Please continue to pray for Legossi. Please pray that she has a restful sleep tonight, as last night was filled with wakefullness and pain. And please pray for her as she continues her physical therapy tomorrow, and pushes her self to do more than she did today.

Our God is Awesome, and He is faithful, and He hears and answers our prayers. Can I get an AMEN?!

Update as of 8:49 am from Mr. Davis: Legossi is not feeling good this morning. Her pain meds were reduced, and she's having to stay on oxygen to maintain a high enough saturation level. Her heart rate also stays elevated.

Please pray that the new pain-killer will be strong enough, that her oxygen level will increase without need for the oxygen supplement, and that her heart rate will stabilize. The doctor wants her to try to go home this evening, so we will need a great deal of improvement for that to happen.

But God can do it!

Indeed He Can!!

Update at 10:03am 9/6/07: Please continue in fervent prayer for Legossi. She coughed up blood this morning, so they took her for a chest x-ray. Her hematocrit also dropped a lot, so they are wondering if she's bleeding internally.

Thank you, Lord, that you kept her in the hospital an extra night. Obviously, she wasn't ready to go home.

Update at 7:30pm 9/6/07: She's going home!!!! Huzzah!

4 comments:

Kare Alethieas said...

I actually talked to her this morning over the internet. She told me that they had her sit in a chair for an hour, after which time she felt a bit nauseous. The physical therapists want her to sit again later today, and even try to go down a set of stairs on her crutches.

She's feeling better, though still isn't her same, vibrant self. Continue praying, and praise God that she's healing as quickly s she is.

Pais Charos said...

Yeah, I saw that she had been on this morning. She posted some on the forum. I was at the barn when she was on <_<

everlastingscribe said...

Bless her, and keep her Lord Jesus. It says in Your word, "You give your beloved sleep" so I ask Lord that as You work the night shift, You would tuck her up in Your rest and refreshment. Speak to her heart and calm it, speak to her bones and let the cells that You created bear the oxygen that they need to so that she might be well and herself again. In Christ's name, Amen.

Kathy said...

Hoping and praying that she feels better soon!