Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Textbooks. Oh joy.

Sorry I haven't posted much, y'all. I've just started two new online classes at Liberty, and they're more time consuming than the other one I had. MUCH more time consuming.

The classes started about a week and a half ago. One is called Developmental Psychology, the other Psychology of Personalities. I didn't buy either book till this past weekend (cause of money issues). The personalities textbook is an e-book, so I was able to download that the very day I bought it. The other book I won't receive till the end of this week. So I went to the library at Liberty, and one of the professors has that book on reserve, meaning you can only check it out for 3 hours at a time and you can't take it out of the library. So, I xeroxed the first four chapters. Took me an hour.

Last week's reading assignment for developmental (the one I xeroxed) was chapters 1-4, and this week's is 5-8. So this week I get to read chapters 1-8. 25 pages per chapter.

For personalities, last week was chapters 1-2, and this week is 3-4. So this week, I get to read chapters 1-4. About ... 15ish pages per chapter.

Oh yeah, and I have 3 tests and a written assignment due this weekend.

Please pray for me - this week is turning out to be rather crazy. Thanks, y'all!

Edit: 5 chapters down! 7 more to go! Woot!!

10 comments:

everlastingscribe said...

Oh so much the fun! ;)

Kathy said...

Sounds like fun--not. So glad to be past that.

DragonRider said...

Sounds as fun as Algebra 2!

Pais Charos said...

Actually ... I'd rather be doing Algebra 2.

Zonk said...

It's fascinating that your week is turning out crazy while you're studying psychology...I think that's what they call a 'Freudian slip', lol.

But of course nobody even uses Freudian terminology anymore, expunged from medical texts since 1979, IIRC...

Keep studying!

:D:D:D

Pais Charos said...

I had to read a 45 PAGE chapter all about Freud. That was NOT fun by any means...he was an absolute nutcase.

KaleCharis said...

He was only mostly crazy. Hehe, I find him pretty interesting.

I hope you have a good week anyway!

Oh, Hah! I Made a blog..

Pais Charos said...

Only mostly crazy? Are you ok, my friend? He was nuts! I think the only things I agreed with was freudian slips and defense mechanisms...that was about it.

And besides ... 45 textbook pages of him? 6 of that was his biography.

KaleCharis said...

Ok ok, I really don't know that much about him...

That's crazy..I probably only think he is interesting because I've only read two paragraphs by him.

Scott Phillip Appleton said...

I hope the best in your studies! Remember--even when it's tiring--learning should be fun... and it is certainly profitable!