Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Questions!



I found this Christmas quiz thingy on Donita K. Paul's blog, and thought I'd put it on mine as well!!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I have a plastic tree sitting on my counter that has plastic gel like "lights" that you put into the holes. That and the tree in the picture on the left - both are artificial. It's been a long time since I've ever had a real tree, but they are fun to have!
3. When do you put up the tree? Used to be we'd put the tree up on December 18th, which is my brother's birthday. But that was a long time ago, and I live on my own now so it's kinda ... whenever.
4. When do you take the tree down? Hehe ... my mom always wanted it down on New Years, only because that was the last day she had people in the house who could do that task (namely me and my dad), cause then the next day he'd be back at work and I'd be back at school. But now I try to leave decorations up as long as possible...
5. Do you like eggnog? That would be a no...
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh goodness ... um. Anything with horses on it? I really can't remember... Except for the time that my mom accidentally wrapped an empty box and put my name on it :blink:
7. Hardest person to buy for? My niece.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Daddy!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No...we have one as a family, but I think it's packed away somewhere up at my dad's...I may have to fish it out when I go visit him next week. But I don't have one at the moment...
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I did last year! Not this year, though...
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Mmm....don't know.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life! (cliche, I know).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not usually till sometime in December....
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm pretty sure I have, but I don't remember what.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, and apple pie.
16. Lights on the tree? Just the little rubbery thingys I stick in the holes on my little plastic tree. I've got lights on my window, though! And a lighted wreath on my wall ... which isn't plugged in right now.
17. Favorite Christmas song? “Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire”, "Silent Night", "Mary Did You Know?"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Just up to my dad's, about a 3 and a half year drive.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? (I'll just leave Mrs. Paul's answer): Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, and Vixen, Comet, Blitzen, Donder, Cupid, and the most famous reindeer of all, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer.
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? I don't really have a tree to put one on, but I prefer an angel. We had one, though, that was an angel AND a star! I liked that.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the craziness and stress people get themselves into, and having to listen to the same annoying Christmas songs over and over and over and over and....well, you get the idea :P
23. What theme or color are you using? Huh? I'm confuzzled...
24. Stockings or no! We haven't used them in years...since my mom died, actually.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A horse and all the money I need to keep him/her! Hah! No, seriously, though - I need a vacuum and a new dryer, those are the biggest things :)

Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

Galactic Overlord-In-Chief said...

Hey Connie,

"It's a Wonderful Life," is your fav? Cool. Can't choose much better than that. I can't think of a favorite off the top of my head. I have lots of Christmas cartoons I like, though. Like the Charlie Brown Christmas Special:

Lucy - Maybe you have pantaphobia.

Charlie Brown - What's pantaphobia?

Lucy - The fear of everything!

Charlie Brown - THAT'S IT!

Hee hee.

- Jason

Pais Charos said...

Hey Jason! Haven't heard from you in a while *pokes*

That's my other favorite! I don't have either of them, though... My dad has It's a Wonderful Life, so I'll def be watching that when I go to his house for Christmas (the only time I get to see it). But I haven't seen the Charlie Brown Christmas Special in YEARS! :-(

We have a big dry erase board here at work that I draw pictures on every now and then, especially for the different holidays. For Christmas this year I drew Snoopy pulling a sled, and Woodstock is standing on the sled. It's so cute!

Galactic Overlord-In-Chief said...

Hee hee, sorry. I've been mucho busy lately with school, and sometimes my net activities suffer...:(

And that nasty virus that zapped my computer a few weeks ago didn't help.

- Jason

Pais Charos said...

I know you've been busy, I was just teasing. I suppose then when I do finally hear from you, it's a nice surprise!

Virus? Eck. So sorry. That does tend to hamper productivity a bit. How's school going? When will you be finished again?

KaleCharis said...

You updated your blog!

I like the quiz =)

Pais Charos said...

I really updated it! :P

Galactic Overlord-In-Chief said...

School's going fine. I'll probably be finished in a year or two. I was going to be done with my coursework this year, but I had to drop a class due to the workload. So next semester I'll finish my courses, then I'll move on to my comprehensive exams, and then my dissertation.

I got an "A" in the class I finished this semester, also. :)

- Jason

Pais Charos said...

*applauds loudly* Congrats!!

Yeah, I've had to do that before, too. I hated doing it, but the relief and time to devote to the other classes was worth it.

What sort of career are you planning on going into?

Galactic Overlord-In-Chief said...

Career? Good question. My masters and my upcoming PhD are both in political science, so people keep asking me if I'll run for office! I've always figured I'd get into political research or write some books on the subject.

And there's also that fantasy/sci-fi writing career I've been looking to pursue...:)

- Jason

Pais Charos said...

I think I remember you mentioning the idea of writing a political novel ... *looks through old emails* Yep! You said something about you like doing political research, and may write some books on that subject ^_^ (I'm a nerd, I don't delete emails - that was from almost a year ago!).

And here were a year later, and I still haven't finished reading your story...*ahem*

Galactic Overlord-In-Chief said...

Yeah, yeah, you were watching He-Man, right? :D :D

- Jason

Pais Charos said...

ROFL!!! I've been watching He-Man again the last few days! I've been doing a lot of sewing, and having that on is good "background noise" :P