Sunday, June 21, 2009

Holy, Holy is He


Up till about two years ago, I believed I was a Christian. I had grown up in a Christian family, had said the “sinner’s prayer”, had even been baptized – twice. But for a long time something was still unsettled, and I didn’t know why. The thing was, I was still sinning. I was constantly told by those who were my leaders, “Don’t sin … but if you do anyway, just ask for forgiveness, and God will grant it. And don’t worry, nothing can separate you from God, even the sins you commit.”

And I believed it.

I’d spend the week sinning, “ask for forgiveness”, then go into church the next Sunday and lift my filthy hands up to God, believing I was one of His children. I would ignore such verses like 1 John 5:18, “We know that no one who is born of God sins.” I would pick and choose parts of the Bible that were convenient to me, that made me feel comfortable with my sin. “It’s ok, God has forgiven all my sins, even the ones I have yet to commit, so as long as I keep asking for forgiveness each time, I’ll be safe.”

And then one day I met someone who showed me the truth. He told me that true Christians do not sin. And at first, I denied it. At first, I retaliated. I believed him to be crazy. “Of course Christians sin! I’m a Christian…and I still sin. And there’s Paul, doesn’t he confess to struggling with sin? Didn’t David, a man after God’s own heart, commit adultery and murder?” But through love, patience, and grace, this man showed me how these interpretations were false. Paul didn’t confess to a battle with sin while still a Christian, he was describing his life before becoming a Christian. And David’s actions were under the old covenant, before the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Eventually the Bible began to speak for itself. My eyes were opened, and I began to believe, in my mind, that this doctrine was indeed true. But my heart was still a long way off. For the next two years, I struggled with this. It is a strange and frightening way to live, knowing the truth and yet knowing that you aren’t saved. Especially when you’ve spent nearly ten years or more believing that you were.

Those two years were a very dark time for me. The fact that my work schedule prevented me from going to church a lot was fine with me, I didn’t want to go. I stopped reading my Bible, and I stopped praying – except when it suited me. The Bible that was a gift of love from a friend gathered dust for nearly a year and a half. To that friend, I now apologize – you know who you are.

And I continued to sin. But this time I had stopped deceiving myself. I knew I wasn’t saved, and it scared me. I was so afraid that I’d die, and never get the chance to surrender to Christ. And yet that fear never compelled me to do anything to change my wretched state. I was empty. I was so full of shame. But for a long time I just didn’t care. I felt it was what I deserved, cause for some reason I couldn’t figure out how to die to self, just as the Scriptures say. I kept looking at those who were walking in holiness, living sinless lives, and I would wonder how did they do it? They made it look so easy! To me, anyway. I would continue to ask myself, “What’s wrong with me?” I would ask God to save me, but nothing changed.

It took me a while to understand why nothing changed. It was because deep down I still loved my sin. I still wanted those temporary pleasures, as fleeting as they are, even though I would be left in guilt and despair afterward.

But you know what? God is loving. He loves me so much, that He waited for me. He kept me safe and free from harm, so that I could finally know what freedom was like. Exactly a month ago, on May 21st, I finally came to the point where I understood – there was nothing that I could do about it. I just had to believe that Christ had the power to remove my chains and free me from my sin forever, and take that crucial step of faith. I just had to take my heart and lay it in His hands. I did that, and he changed me. I now no longer fear death. No more will I ever disobey my God again. Allow me to share with you a poem I wrote shortly after my deliverance, and later rewrote to fit the tune of “In Christ Alone.”

"No Longer"

My chains are gone,

My heart is free,

No longer will they shackle me.


I walk in grace,

I walk in truth,

No longer stained by sins of youth.


You are the Light!

You are the Way!

No longer will I go astray!


Lord, keep me strong.

Lord, keep me firm.

No longer will I e’re return.


Now I walk in complete freedom, never to return to the muck and the mire. Never to return to the cruel slave master that is Satan. For Paul tells us in Romans:

For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who died is freed from sin. (Romans 6:5-7)

But now that I’m free from sin, I feel a new burden. The burden of those still lost. Those still living in sin. And especially those whom the devil has blinded and deceived into believing that they are “saved by grace” although they still live a life of sin. I feel for them, because I used to be them. My heart aches for them to know the truth, and to be free just as I am now free.

But what makes it difficult, is that most churches these days teach that it’s ok for Christians to sin. They bring up the term of Christians “backsliding.” But tell me, what’s the difference between someone who’s “backslidden”, and someone who claims to be a Christian yet sins every day in thought, word, and deed? There’s no difference at all! They’re both just as lost!

I’ve even heard of people saying that we need to sin in order to really grow in Christ, or we need to keep falling so that we can realize how much we need God. However, Paul tells us:

What shall we say then? Are we to continue to sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? (Romans 6:1-2)

By now I’m sure most of you are saying, “No one is perfect! We’re still human, after all!” Let me just clarify what I believe sin to be. Sin is willful disobedience to God. Sin is doing what God commands us not to do, or not doing what God commands us to do. Sin is always a choice. And when I talk about sinlessness, I don’t mean perfection in every aspect. I’m only talking about obeying Christ’s commands. I still stub my toe, I forget things, I hate to clean, etc… Now, that said, let’s move on.


Today I was reading a sermon that at first gave me some hope. The sermon was about nine pages long, and for about eight of those pages it described the holiness of God, and how God demands holiness from his people and detests sin of any kind. It quoted verse after verse from the Bible displaying these truths. Then his conclusion, on the very last page, read, “A genuine response to God’s majestic holiness means that we have a feeling of awe and wonder and a sense of impurity and utter wretchedness in ourselves.”


Maybe for the sinner, yes. The sinner must come to a point where he or she realizes that they need Christ. The sinner, indeed, needs to see that God is holy, and that this holy and righteous God can remove all of his or her sin once and for all, and this same God will empower him or her, by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, to live in complete obedience to Christ. Therefore, what this conclusion statement should read is, “A sinner’s genuine response to God’s majestic holiness is a full surrender of the heart to the One who can remove all dross and purify the soul.”


About a week ago I heard about a wedding where the preacher turned to the groom and told him that he is a sinner, and that when he sinned against his wife, he would have to repent, and when his wife, also a sinner, sinned against him, he needed to just forgive her. He also told the couple that this was a picture of how Jesus and the church function. Then, shortly thereafter, they said their vows, promising love and fidelity. How awful! They said their vows, knowing full well that one day they’d break them, because this pastor just practically gave them permission to sin against one another! This is not an illustration of the relationship between Christ and the church! This is the illustration of a lost generation who wants to hold on to their sin while believing that “God loves them anyway.”


I’m sure some may have stopped reading by now. I realize this post is long, nor does it display a very popular worldview. But for those of you still with me – if you’re still lost in sin and can’t seem to find a way out, Jesus is the only way. Allow Christ to crucify your sinful flesh to the cross where He died, so that you can walk in freedom, never to turn back again! Embrace the love that Christ has shown by dying for a world that rejected Him, and allow it to change you forever! There is nothing you can do that Christ hasn’t already done, so come to Jesus, and allow Him to strip you clean of all your pride and self-love so that you can be filled with the Holy Spirit.


For those who have already testified to this faith, I praise the Lord for you my brothers and sisters! Praise be to God for His amazing grace and for His love!


I end this immensely long post with another poem, one I wrote a few days ago. For me it’s a cry out to God, and a final exhortation for those still lost.

"Lies"


Lies, deceit, and falsehoods

Are all that Satan sows

Making sinners believe in vain

That grace has saved their souls


They gossip, cheat, and steal

Every day of the week,

Then in church they lift filthy hands

And with false tears they weep.


They should keep their hands hid

And should weep for their souls

For God is not blind to their sin

For them the judgment tolls.


You didn’t bleed and die

So they could shout “Amen!”

Whenever they are told to pray,

“Be once more ‘forgiven!’”


If only they could see

The power that You give

Then maybe they would understand

The life that they should live.


Thank you for reading. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all. (2 Corinthians 13:14).

24 comments:

Bryan Davis said...

Beautiful! Every word is so true! God has gifted you with the passion you will need to spread the news of God's power to set the sinners free from their chains, to make them saints in reality. You are a light in darkness. May your light burn brightly!

Servant of the One said...

Marvelous! Praise the Lord!
May sinners find their freedom through your words Connie.
Great job! [This is Nathan "Keeneye"]

Tracy said...

*Hugs*
Connie, that was just beautiful. I too have to confess that I was that same way not too long ago as well. I thought I had truly accepted God in my heart, but my emotions and actions were getting the best of me. Thankfully I had a person that truly opened my eyes and my eyes were then wide open to God's word. April 22, and I now have a huge passion to spread God's word around to help other dark wondering sinners.

Pais Charos said...

Tracy - April 22nd of this year? That's awesome! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

That was great, ILH! God bless you! Modeltrainman

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to sound harsh or sound like a heretic here, but in all reality, one cannot say that once a person is saved, they cannot sin. Sin is anything that you do that contradicts God's laws. You can sin accidentally and still sin. A Christian can still sin, and yes, they'll still be a Christian. That is the amazing part about being a Christian. God's grace is big enough that it covers your sins present, past, and future. This idea will just lead to the redefinition of sin so that certain actions you do will no longer be classified as sin in your eyes, despite the fact that God might still classify it as a sin. What happens if one day, you aren't feeling to great, and you lose your temper? All of a sudden, you sinned, and you now know you're not actually a Christian, in your own definition. I think you should study the verses you give and read them in context of the passages to which they belong.

Pais Charos said...

Anonymous,

Thank you for your reply. I have studied these verses, I promise you, over the past two years. I've read them over and over again, and they all attest to the fact that true Christians do not sin. I have not taken them out of context. Rather the opposite.

There is no such thing as accidental sin. Sin is always a choice, and is always willful disobedience to God. If I don't see the speed limit sign, or it's knocked down, I'm not sinning by going over the speed limit - I just simply didn't know. But if I see that the speed limit is 50 and say, well, that can't be right, and go 60, that would be a sin.

Losing one's temper isn't always a sin. Jesus got angry with a righteous anger. I get angry at injustice, liars, etc...but that anger is not sin.

God's Word says nothing about future sins. It says that Christ takes away all of our sin so that we're no longer slaves to it.

For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin. (Romans 6:5-7)

We know that no one who is born of God sins; but the one who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him. (1 John 5:18)

No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9)

God's love and grace are powerful enough that he removes forever the sin in the believer, and empowers that person to live without sin for the rest of their lives. Surely you agree that the God who hung all the planets in the sky and created our world in 6 days also has the power to eradicate sin forever in the life of the Christian?

Anonymous said...

Sure, He can do anything He desires. I'm still trying to see your distinction between perfection and a sinless Christian. According to you, I'm not a Christian. I have willingly sinned while being a Christian. The truth is that I know I can fail, but Christ can't. I think Christ became the sacrifice for our sins. He died so our sins would be forgiven, not that we would be sinless. We as humans can never do anything on our own. All humans sin. No one can ever not sin.

Furthermore, I don't think salvation is any different in the Old Testament versus the New Testament. Salvation is grace through faith. Moses sinned, David sinned, Abraham sinned, though, God still forgave them despite sinning while presumably being a Christian. The only difference between salvation then and now is that Christ was promised and had not yet come.

I guess my main problem is the fact that you are saying essentially salvation is through works, only you're saying it's the opposite of the normal version of salvation through works. Instead of getting salvation through doing good, you're simply not having salvation if you willingly sin. Can you really say that you are not gonna sin again in your entire life? Can you really tell me that I am not saved because I have and will sin again? It is my faith that saves me. I have faith, and I wholeheartedly believe that Christ's sacrifice is the atonement for my sins. You cannot simply say that since I mess up once and sin that I never truly believed. In essence, God would expect perfection out of a Christian once they're saved. You say God empowers you in such a way that you can no longer sin. Sure, God has the power to do so. Just keep in mind then that you essentially no longer have the ability to choose what you do. If you believe what you do, then you're no longer human, you are a God-powered robot. I don't think that's what God wants us to be nor is that what he created us to be.

Pais Charos said...

Anonymous,

The Bible clearly says that true Christians don't sin, as I've already shown.

You can't confuse being sinful with being human. Yes, I am still a human. I'm not perfect in knowledge, nor will I ever be. I still get sick, forget someone's birthday, trip on the sidewalk, etc. But, by the power of the Holy Spirit, I live in complete obedience to him.

Jesus answered and said to him, " If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. (John 14:23).

Christ died to forgive our sins, yes, and to make us holy.

You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:5-6)

No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9)

Salvation is indeed by faith, not by works. But, faith without works is dead (James 2:26). Works do not save you, but salvation by faith produces works.

I am not a God-powered robot. I am a true believer, set free from the power of sin forever.

Your accusation that I'm telling you you're not saved is not true. I have told you no such thing - that is between you and God. All I've done is share the truth that I've come to know, and that truth is evident in God's Word.

Nathan Petrie [Keeneye] said...

Anonymous,

Connie's done an excellent job in answering you but I will address one point at least that has helped me believe in this.

On the topic of sin definition. By verses, that Connie's posted, and by simple logic one can conclude that sin worthy of death must be intentional.

Do you believe that God would condemn someone to Hell for doing something that they thought was right but really wasn't? If they accidentally sinned do you think God would send them to Hell? I personally can't come to terms with that, and that's without considering the biblical references to sin. If you'd like I could post some of the sin defining references but I'm sure others will do that before I have the chance to.

Take care my friend.

Bryan Davis said...

Anonymous's most glaring error is this one: "I don't think salvation is any different in the Old Testament versus the New Testament."

That is certainly far from biblical. As Hebrews says, "For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. (Hebrews 10:1-4)

And then he writes, "For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified." (Hebrews 10:14)

The blood of Jesus makes us perfect in obedience, and the context clearly states that. While those under the old covenant continued in sin (including Moses, David, and Abraham), those under the new covenant don't.

And regarding future sins, the same chapter contradicts Anonymous's claims that he or she is forgiven of future sins: "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrews 10:26-27)

I'm glad you're not listening to those who make excuses for their sin. The Bible is clear that Christians don't sin, and you are blessed for telling the truth to the sinful and lost church of today.

Gwendolyn said...

Anonymous,

One thing really stood out to me in your reply. You said, "I have willingly sinned while being a Christian. The truth is that I know I can fail, but Christ can't."
I would like to present to you this verse out of Hebrews 10. "For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins."
If you can say you are willfully sinning, after coming to know God[truth], how can you claim any sacrifice for your sin? I fear for you, Anonymous, and the fact that you have been deceived into making that bold claim that so many do, "I sin, but God won't see it," breaks my heart.

Another passage I would like to bring to your attention is Romans 6:5-7. "For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin." Here Paul tells us that our sinful flesh has died and we are living righteously by the Spirit of God. And yet, like James observed, so many preachers teach that we can be fountains that spew forth both bitter and sweet water. If our fleshly desire has been destroyed, how can we keep raising it up again daily and living in it? How can we claim to be temples of God, and yet defile our bodies with sin continually?

I write this out of love, and if it seems harsh, that is not my intent. I'm praying for you, and it is my sincere desire that you come to understand the error of the beliefs you hold.

Gwendolyn

Anonymous said...

“Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst”

-1 Timothy 1:15

Notice the verb tense: present. If Paul is saying here that he "is" the worst of sinners, does he not say that he still sins? How could Paul, a current sinner, write portions of the infallible word of God?

Anonymous said...

“For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!”

-Romans7:15-25

Again, Paul is clearly stating here that he is a sinner. He makes it very clear that though he may even want to do good, his fleshly desires still lead him to disobey God at times. He praises God for forgiving of not only his past and present sins, but also his future sins. This does not limit God's power by saying that He cannot keep us from sinning once we are saved. That would be like saying that God's power is limited because He created beings that could sin instead of perfect humans that would never sin. God chooses to do things according to His Will, and who am I to say that I am no longer capable of sinning? If it be His Will that I no longer sin as a Christian, then that is what will happen. As for me, I still remain steadfast in believing in a God that graciously pursues me, though I may stumble on occasion. True, Gos does perfect us through salvation, but until I leave this sinful earth, I will not be perfected.

Jose said...

Just a reminder, the Bible was not written in English. Many errors are made by trying to analyze the English interpretations of verses. Heresy often comes from such errors. When in doubt, go to the original Greek. Only there can you truly see the context of a verse as many translations into English do not fully explain the meanings of Greek terms.

Gwendolyn said...

Anonymous,

When Paul said Christ came into the world to save sinners, of whom he is the worst, he is definitely not telling us that he still sins. He was showing us that he was one of the worst sinners that Christ forgave, and therefore his sinful past remained as a standard to measure others against.
Take, for example, a baseball player who is famous for hitting the most home runs in the duration of his baseball career. Years after he retires, he can still say, "I am the best hitter of home runs," even though he no longer plays baseball. Why? Because his past career has become a standard of which to measure other baseball players against.

And in response to Romans 7, Paul is explaining to us how the Law of Moses, though righteous in itself, wasn't able to cleanse us from sin because it only gave outward commands and didn't destroy the fleshly nature. So he's telling us that, while he desires to obey the Law with his mind, he has no way to control his flesh, and so it is in disobedience to the Law. We see that in verse 25, he cries out, "Who will deliver me from this body of death? thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
When Jesus came, he fulfilled the Law, introducing a new covenant. In this new covenant, both mind and body become holy, because our minds are in full agreement with the commands of God, and we have 'died' with Christ, no longer having our sinful nature. Our flesh is slain and we live by the Spirit.

I noticed that you made no response to our previous posts. Would you mind?

Sincerely,
Gwendolyn

Pais Charos said...

Jose,

I am well aware that the Bible wasn't originally written in English, no need to remind me of that. I use the NASB translation, and that is one of the most accurate translations we have. Not only that, the person whom I learned from is well acquainted with the Greek text and has used that in many his interpretations.

The Greek aside, the Bible is still quite clear on this matter.

We know that no one who is born of God sins; but the one who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him. (1 John 5:18)

No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9)

If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:6-7)

Jesus answered and said to him, " If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. (John 14:23).

You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:5-6)

Pais Charos said...

Anonymous,

It's poor debate etiquette to move onto another point without refuting or conceding to my earlier points. However, I will address these new points that you have brought up.

On 1 Timothy 1:15 you are taking that out of context. You must read the verses leading up to that, as well as the one after it.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service, even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief; and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who believe in Him for eternal life. (1 Timothy 12-16)

Note that verse 13 said that he was formerly a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and a violent aggressor. In verse 15 he isn't saying that he's still a sinner, but is providing a way for other sinners to be measured by. Basically saying, "You think you're too bad to save you? Well look at me, I'm the chiefest of sinners, and yet God saved me."

Take a look at 1 Corinthians 11:1. Paul says, "Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ." By your interpretation of 1 Timothy 1:15, Paul would be telling us here to be as sinful as him. What nonsense!

And like Gwendolyn said, it's much like a baseball player who has the best batting score. At the time of this writing, Nolan Ryan holds the record for striking out the most batters in Major League Baseball history. It can be said that Ryan is the king of strikeout pitchers, or perhaps, the "foremost" of strikeout pitchers. This is true in the present tense. Nolan Ryan can truthfully say this very day, "I am the foremost of strikeout pitchers," even though he has not struck out a batter in years. He is a pitcher by whom others are measured. A baseball player who is currently active may be a great strikeout pitcher, but his greatness in that feat is measured against the greatness of Nolan Ryan. You may hear, "Yes, he's good, but he is not as good as Nolan Ryan," or, "This guy might be the next Nolan Ryan."

And as for Romans 7, again, you have taken that out of context. Read the verses prior to and the beginning of chapter 8 thereafter. The first 13 verses of Romans 7 he's still talking about how he's been freed from sin, and all of Romans 6 is about that very thing. Paul is using a device that he uses often, where he uses present tense to illustrate something from the past. In this case, that would be his past before he came to Christ. Then chapter 8 starts with, "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." If he had just been admitting to a life of sin, I don't think he would've said that. Nor would have have spent all of chapter 6 and the first part of chapter 7 explaining that the Christian is free from the bondage of sin.

If you want to read more on the Romans 7 passage, I urge you to read this: http://oraclesoffire.blogspot.com/2009/03/excuses-excuses-romans-chapter-7.html

And I would appreciate if you would address my previous posts before jumping onto something new. Thank you.

Nathan Petrie [Keeneye] said...

Anonymous,

The present tense in the Greek has nothing to do with the timing of the events. And Paul was one of the worst sinners so that statement is still true.

Also, the Romans passage presented is taken out of context as well and also applies to the Greek translations. If you are truly a truth seeker (truly truth lol) I'd advise you to read this blog post that explains it;

http://oraclesoffire.blogspot.com/2009/03/excuses-excuses-romans-chapter-7.html

I pray you find the truth that I hope you are seeking.

Mackenzie said...

Know you posted this a few months ago, but found your blog and wanted to add a Amen. :) God bless you! And it was reading of yours and others posts on the forums that also brought me to the same truth. thank you!

Pais Charos said...

Mackenzie, Praise the Lord for that! I saw your comment on http://thegodfiles-hewhohasears.blogspot.com/ (She's a very good friend of mine). So you're a film maker, eh? Cool! Are you a member on the DioM forum?

Mackenzie said...

Yep, I do film, theatre, and sometimes making films of theatre productions, lol. :) Fun stuff!

And I'm ChildofStorms13 on the DIOM forms, don't get to post there much, but I like reading all the debates, and have learned a lot from them.

Pais Charos said...

Awesome! Did you tell Mr. Davis that you believe in holiness? We've got a separate area of the forum for discussions about it :)

Mackenzie said...

I posted in the Do Christians Sin thread, so he knows. Figured there was a hidden forum somewhere, but was just going to wait and see if anyone invited me over.