Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 2 - A favorite movie

The Neverending Story


The Neverending Story has been my #1 favorite movie of ALL TIME ever since I was a little girl.  The movie came out in the early 80s, and I was born in 81, so it's only just a few years younger than I am.  I grew up watching it on BetaMax, but since have watched it on VHS, DVD, and now Netflix Watch Instantly.

When I was 16 years old I had the opportunity to travel to Germany and was able to visit the Bavarian Film Studios, where the movie had been filmed.  And while I was there a dream came true - I got to ride Falkor!

(That's me in the front)

(Ain't he cute? *huggles Falkor*)

I never get tired of watching this movie, and still manage to cry at all the same places, even after 20ish years of watching it.  It's just such a magical movie with great actors, great (even if outdated) special effects.  Even though a lot of aspects differ greatly from the book written by Michael Ende, it will always hold it's place as my #1 favorite movie :)

1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh I lovve that movie! I haven't seen it in so long though, I'll have to pick it up sometime to watch again. :)