Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 5 - A favorite quote

Again, coming up with just one favorite quote is impossible, so here's a few:

Favorite Bible quotes:

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God. ~ 1 Corinthians 2:12

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no on comes to the Father but through Me." ~ John 14:6

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD. ~ Psalm 27:13-14

Doctor Who quotes:

"Nah, nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous. Well, not that dangerous. Yell you what, I'll just have a quick scan ... in case there's anything dangerous." - The Doctor, "The Girl in the Fireplace." 

Mickey: What's a horse doing on a space ship?
Doctor: Mickey, what's pre-revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective!
(The Girl in the Fireplace)

Dalek: Identify him!
Rose: All right, if you really wanna know. That's the Doctor.
*Dalek backs away*
Rose: Five million Cybermen: easy. One Doctor? Now you're scared.
(Doomsday)

Tony: You're not making any sense.
Doctor: Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.
(Hungry Earth)

Amy: We're in the future ... like hundreds of years in the future. I've been dead for centuries.
Doctor: Oh, lovely. You're a cheery one.
(The Beast Below)

BBC's Merlin:

Gaius: Merlin, you are a riddle wrapped up in a mystery.
Merlin: That's me!

Uther: Do you suffer from some mental affliction?
Merlin: Probably.
Gaius: I'm looking into it sire.

Arthur: What kind of meat is this? It has a very strange texture.
Merlin: It's pork.
Arthur: No, this isn't pork. It's far too stringy.... What is it it's, um... *pauses and glares at Merlin* It's rat, isn't it?
Merlin: *nods* Try not to think about it.
Arthur: Look at me. I'm being rude. Here I am, stuffing my face with this delicious stew, and you're hungry too. *stands up* Come on, take a seat. Eat.
Merlin: *sits and tentatively takes a bite*
Arthur: Mmmmmm *forces spoon into Merlin's mouth*
Merlin: *grimaces* Mmm *nods* Yeah, it's actually pretty tasty.
Arthur: Well, glad you like it. Cause... *picks up pot full of rat stew and puts it on the table in front of Merlin, lifting the lid* There's plenty more
Merlin: *stares at the pot, hand over his mouth and swallows*
*someone knocks on the door*
Arthur: Enter.
Morgana: *peeks her head in*
Arthur: Morgana!
Morgana: I hate to ask, but I was wondering if you had anything to eat.
Arthur: *turns, sees rat stew, then looks back at Morgana*
Merlin: *smirks*

Miscellanious:

"I'll leave the microphone on .. in case you hear barking .. or ...well ... not my barking ... just to ... clarify." ~ a friend on Skype

"Our paths crossing is not a mistake..." GaWaNi Pony Boy

"He's riding a cat to look for an owl so that he can fight a snake? What sort of place does this warrior mouse come from?" ~ Guosim shrew in "Redwall: The Movie"
------------

I'm forcing myself to stop here, cause if I don't, I'll post too many quotes and bore you all to death.  See ya for tomorrow's challenge!! :)


No comments: