Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Modest Fashion and More!

So I haven't posted in a while....like...a very long while.  Haha.  Since I've sorta got my sewing and crafts blog going (Pais Charos Creations), I thought it was about time I updated this one.

So a few brief updates: I've started a business as a Pampered Chef Consultant recently and then my truck died.  O_O  I've been on the hunt for a new vehicle and though I've found one, I still need the money for it.  The car's $1000 and I have approx....$125 *cough*.  But I'm working on saving up the money, just hope I can save it all up by the end of August.

Anywho, onto other things.  I recently came across some blogs about Modest Fashion, and thought they were really cool.  Basically these girls will post random outfits they're wearing that are MODEST (WHEE!!!!), showing other girls that it is possible to be modest and fashionable at the same time.  I like the idea, and since reading these blogs I've been hunting through my drawers and closets, looking for cute outfits that I could post about as well.  Haha.  And will plan on doing a lot of flea market/Goodwill shopping - it's amazing what you can find at these places without haven't to spend a fortune.

A couple of hangups I'm having is one, I live alone so don't have anyone to take photos for me, and currently lack a tripod for my camera.  I've tried setting the camera on a bookshelf, or something, but I can only take horizontal pictures and it cuts off my feet, so I can't get a picture of the whole outfit.  Anyone have suggestions on what I can do?

The other hangup (kinda minor), is I don't know which blot to do modest fashion posts on...  Should I use this blog, my sewing and craft blog (probably won't do it there, though) or create a brand new blog for that purpose?  I would love to hear some feedback about this.  Thanks!

If you're interested, the blogs I can across this weekend that inspired me are:

What I Wear, What I Do and Why I Did It
A Certain Slant of Light
Faith With Actions
Modesty Is Pretty

Be sure to check them out!

3 comments:

HolyPure said...

I'm exited to see what you post! I have such issues finding anything decent that looks good. I usually just wear T shirts and jeans, but I'm always clueless on Sunday morning, or whenever jeans don't work. It's lame and frustrating lol.

Modesty is Pretty said...

Thank you so much for the shout out! Your are so kind, I'm looking forward to reading what you have posted. Just one thing, the name of my blog is Modesty (with a y at the end).

Pais Charos said...

Haha, thanks! *fixed* And thanks for the comment!

And you're welcome! You're very creative and I felt your blog deserved a shout out :)